April 18, 2008

What Benson Is Doing These Days

1. Watching TV! Well, not exactly but he has discovered the television. Michael was playing with Benson while he was laying on his playmat and Benson turned his head and realized that big box thing made noise and was colorful. Now everytime he lays on his playmat on our living room floor he turns his head towards the television. So, now I have to sit in front of it and block it. Michael disagreed with me but I don't think it's really that great for a baby to watch tv when he's only 3 months old.

2. Putting both of his hands inside his mouth, or so he thinks. Benson has realized he has hands and loves to try and stick both of them in his mouth at the same time.

3. Realizing that he can suck on his hands. Benson loves to suck on his hands now. He can suck really hard too! It's so funny because he really enjoys sucking his hands and he makes such funny sucking noises when he's doing it. I try to stop him by letting him suck on his binky instead but 10 seconds later he's either spit out his binky or pulled out of his mouth and is back to sucking on his hands.

4. He loves to play pattie cake-pattie cake. Benson loves when I play pattie cake-pattie cake with him. I think he mostly enjoys my facial expressions and his hands clapping.

5. Making lots of new sounds and trying to move around like crazy. It seems like everyday Benson is making a new sound and moving more and more. He loves to squeal and squirm around whether it's on his playmat, his changing table, in his crib, in bouncy chair or sitting in my boppy pillow. He's a pretty happy baby, most of the time.

6. Discovered he can roll over to one side from his tummy. He likes to lay on his tummy when he's in his crib but hates it if he's on his playmat. Go figure? The other day he was playing on his tummy and rolled over onto his side. At first he didn't know what happened to him but I kept putting him back up on his tummy and he would roll over and smile. I then tried to get my video camera to record it and the battery was dead. I guess it doesn't do me any good if the battery isn't charged.

No comments: