May 4, 2008

Recent Happenings

I finished school for the semester this week. Yeah! I only had two finals this week which was really nice. Although school is over for this semester summer school starts soon. I'm taking a week long mediation class in two weeks and then doing an eight week externship at the prosecutor's office in Twin Falls. I am looking forward to December and graduating!

Benson had a doctor's appointment in Spokane Friday afternoon. So after my final was over we drove to Spokane to see Dr. Kishiayma. Benson is doing really good weight wise, he now weighs 13 pounds. He gained 12 ounces in two and half weeks! His thyroid levels are still just a touch high but that's ok. They've come down the last month and half to just above normal so by the time we have his blood drawn again they should be exactly where Dr. K wants them to be. Dr. K was a little concerned that Benson wasn't growing height wise as he should. The thyroid does place a big part in your growth and can stunt it so we just have to keep an eye on how he's growing the next few months. Dr. K said it's hard to judge whether a baby is growing as he should or not in the first six months and I don't think he helps that Michael and I are so short and Benson is destined to be small. He wasn't overly concerned but we do have to keep an eye on it. Other than that Benson is doing great.

We are in Alabama until next week visiting Michael's parents. We flew out of Spokane yesterday and fly back next Thursday. Benson did great on our flights. We flew from Spokane to Denver and then Denver to Huntsville. Benson slept almost the entire time on both flights and only got fussy about the last 20 minutes before we landed in Huntsville. The weather has been really nice here, not too hot but not cold either. It's nice to be in a warmer climate, it's still in the 50's in Moscow. I'm sure I'll have a ton of pictures to post from our trip so check our blog next weekend.

No comments: