Today was my last law school class! Yes, December 5th, 2008 I had my last law school class, Family Law. As of December 19th I will be a law school graduate (if I pass all my classes). As of April something I will be a licensed attorney (if I pass the bar, which I take in February). That's a few if's but I've made it this far so I think it will all work out (as my mother always say).
It's crazy to think in two weeks I will be done with school, no more going to school. It's what I've always done, go to school. I got my undergrad in three years, going to school year round. I will have my JD in two and half years, going to school year round. I guess I enjoy school, although taking finals in law school is really, really not enjoyable.
I guess it's time to grow up and move on from my going to school phase. It's a little scary though, actually it's really scary. Now I have to study for the bar exam, take the bar exam, pass the bar exam and get a real job. All while being a wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt and whatever else. Life keeps you busy.
I want to thank anyone and everyone who has supported me at anytime in my life! Without you I wouldn't be where I am today, a law school graduate (almost). Especially to my mother who has always encouraged me to dream, taught me determination and perseverance, never let me quit and helped me accomplish a goal I set in the fourth grade, to become a lawyer. I love you Mom, Thank You! To Michael, who always puts me first, let me know fulfill my dream of becoming a lawyer, all the while supporting me and putting his dreams second and for always keeping me laughing. I love you, Thank You!



4 comments:
Um...Pretty much you are amazing. Allen and I were looking at our old year books they other day. I found the page from middle school where they had the prettiest eyes and the cutest couple... and other riduculous things like that... well you should have been the "most likely to succeed."
I can't believe you are almost done! That is crazy to think it was that long ago, it doesn't feel like it at all! Congrats! Hope we get to see you sometime and meet that handsom little one! Where will you guys be living when you are done?
Congratulations. I hear there are many exciting decisions to make in the future concerning jobs and where our'll be living. I'm excited for your new adventure. I still wish perhaps we could have convinced you to find a job in Salt Lake. Good luck.
Congrats!! And I agree with Cameo, most likely to succeed is totally right. Wish you the best of luck on the bar exam!
Post a Comment