I'm trying to get Benson to fall asleep on his own but it hasn't really been working lately and I haven't been very diligent in doing it. However, last night he was really tired and fussy so Michael laid him in his crib. When we do this he crawls to the end of the crib and pulls down the bumper and laughs at us. He thinks it's a game and seems to enjoy playing it. Usually after a few minutes we go in and laugh at him and take him out of his crib. However, last night we decided to leave him in his crib. We went in a few times and laid him back down on his pillow with his blanket. After a few minutes of crying, after he realized were weren't going to laugh at him and pick him up he fell asleep. It wasn't as hard as I thought, although I guess we'll see if it's that easy tonight. This is how he fell asleep:

1 comment:
Benson is just so cute! I wish we were there to see him and his little personality. It is worth the effort of teaching a little one to fall asleep by themselves. It makes bedtime so much easier in the long run. Ellie does great with her bedtime routine. Even when I went to the hospital to have Kayla- Ellie told her grandma exactly what to do at bedtime.
Post a Comment