November 16, 2009

My Cow named Bull

Benson LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Cows! He is pretty much obsessed with cows. My mom bought him a cow from Build A Bear and when it came in the mail Benson was in love with it. When we asked him what his name was Benson said, "Bull." So, we have a cow named Bull.

On a side note I wanted to make Benson a cow for Halloween given that he loves cows. Michael didn't like the idea so much because as he informed me cows are only female. He thought Benson should be a Bull instead. Call me naive about animals but I had no idea that cows were only female and that a bull was a male cow. I may be smart when it comes to other subjects but clearly I am stupid when it comes to animals!

Benson also has another cow that is now taped to his wall. I bought Benson a huge helium balloon cow from the party store a few weeks ago and when it was about to deflate I popped a tiny hole in it to let the remaining air out so we could save the balloon given that it cost almost ten bucks. Benson was mortified when I did this. He looked at me as though I had just killed someone or ripped his heart out. He was so distraught he couldn't move, talk, or cry. He just stood there with his mouth open looking like he was about to burst into tears. Luckily I quickly showed him we were going to keep the cow and hang it on his wall. Now he just stands in his room and says "My Cow, My Cow, My Cow, My Cow."






No comments: